I met Stacy Diffendorf when she booked a family portrait session in 2020. Since then she has been a loyal client and when she opened this bridal boutique last year, I knew I wanted to support her in any way that I can. Here’s what she had to say about her boutique.
Beautiful & Borrowed Bridal
Beautiful & Borrowed Bridal is just under a year old and has grown substantially since our launch in 2021. We recently opened our first retail location in Apex, NC and pride ourselves in providing a quality, personalized, memorable experience for our brides, regardless of their budget. We love attending local expos and meeting other vendors and new brides! Helping brides get into a dress they thought was off the table due to cost, and seeing the pure joy and happiness they experience in that moment, is one of the many reasons we love what we do.
Here are some FAQs of Beautiful & Borrowed Bridal:
- How much does it cost to rent a dress? Our dress rental prices range from $170 to $570
- Can alterations be done to the dress? Yes! We allow for reversible alterations which include but are not limited to adding cups, shortening straps, a slight hem, adding a bustle. Our goal is to get our brides into dresses that are as close to their street size as possible so little or no alterations are needed.
- How long is a rental period? A standard rental period is 5 days. This can be extended for a small daily fee, especially for elopements/destination weddings, and exceptions are made if alterations are needed.
- Do you have options for brides that really want to purchase their dress instead of rent? Absolutely! We are now offering ‘off the rack’ purchases of over half of our inventory.
- How many dresses do you have in stock? We have over 100 dresses in stock ranging from size 0-18.
Why You Should Consider Renting Your Wedding Gown
Weddings are expensive and every bride, regardless of her budget, deserves to have a bridal boutique experience and wear a dress that they truly love on their wedding day. Renting allows many brides to cut their dress budget in half (or more!), making more room for other special items they want or need for their wedding like a day of coordinator, photography, or upgraded florals. It’s also a very sustainable friendly option for brides looking to be more eco-friendly
Consigning Your Dress
We are currently only accepting bridal gowns purchased within the last 2 years. We offer two types of consignment:
- Standard Consignment- This is for gently used dresses, you remain the owner, we market, rent, and care for your dress. Each time it rents, you get a percentage of the rental fee. Every time your dress is rented, it is professionally cleaned and inspected to ensure it stays in quality condition. You can have your dress back at any time!
- Buyout Consignment- This is for new with tags dresses. We make you an offer and pay out the offer as your dress rents for up to 18 months. If your dress hasn’t rented enough within 18 months to fulfill your offer, the balance is paid out to you at that time.
For more information please visit: https://www.beautifulborrowedbridal.com/
November 22, 2022