Pet Photography in Raleigh, NC
Pet Photography is a unique but fun job. When a family inquires about a session and wants to include their pet, I get excited! I can relate to loving your pet so much you want to include them in their family photos. I have two cats, Kit and Kruz. I’d love to include them in our family pictures but I’m sure my girls will laugh and think I’m nuts. I’m not sure why but it’s more common to include dogs in your family portraits. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you bring your pet along for family pictures.
Consider This When Photographing Your Pet
- Location – choosing the right location is key. Chances are you don’t want to take your pet pictures at a park that is typically filled with dogs.
- Toys – carry a few toys. When the session starts you will want to hand the toys to your photographer so they can use the toys to get the attention of your pet.
- Treats – reward your pet for good behavior in front of the camera!
- Respect – please respect the park by keeping your dog on a leash and cleaning up after them.
- Knowledge – make sure you choose a photographer that has photographed pets before. Some photographers are not comfortable with animals.
January 5, 2023