Planning a backyard wedding can be difficult and especially stressful if a hurricane is heading your way. With the help of their best friends Jenny and Debbey were able to pull off the most beautiful backyard wedding. A backyard wedding can be a great way to create a unique and personal atmosphere for your special day. With careful planning, your dream wedding can come together in a way that fits your budget. Here’s how to get started.
- Know your budget. Start by deciding how much money you’re willing to spend on the wedding. This will help you narrow down your choices and create a realistic plan. Once you have a working budget, you can allocate resources, like making a list of necessary items to buy or rent. Make sure to consider items like seating, tables, plates and cutlery, decor, lighting, etc. You’ll also want to plan for any additional staff that might be needed for the day, such as catering and cleaning crews.
- Make sure your home or garden is suitable. Some areas may not have the room or facilities necessary to host a big wedding ceremony and reception. Make sure that you have enough space and safety considerations are taken care of.
- Secure permits. Depending on where you live, you may need to get a permit to host your wedding in your backyard. Check with your local government to make sure you’re compliant with local regulations.
- Choose a date and time. Consider the weather and the season. Jenny and Debbey were prepared for the hurricane headed their way by securing a tent.
- Timeline. This includes determining what time the guests will arrive, allowing enough time for photos, when the ceremony and reception will begin, and when the event will conclude. As a wedding photographer I love helping my clients plan out their timeline for the day. This is helpful for the photographer so they can accurately plan for photos before and after the ceremony.
February 9, 2023